Sunday 17 June 2012

RPi Arrived, Obligatory Photos

Hi, so I've got my Raspberry Pi and I thought I'd start a blog, just like everyone else who's got one.  So for starters, here's the board.  I'm just fashioning a case for it, which I will post later.  The Pi currently has the debian6 release on it, but I downloaded the Arch Linux image too, for when I get a bit more comfortable with it.

My plans for the unit are... a bit undecided as yet; I've been trying to get to grips with Gtk before its arrival (I'm a Java dev by trade, so this was a little strange!) so I fancy getting a little GUI app on it.  Otherwise I'd like to do some client-server stuff, perhaps with an Android front-end.

I'm currently in the process of building a toolchain for my (Fedora) netbook to build stuff, and that was really the reason for starting this blog; if I get anywhere with that and get some useful results I'll post them and hopefully someone else will learn from it.

So here comes the first photo: the arrival of the Raspberry Pi:

No comments:

Post a Comment